Have no fear I have not abandoned blogging. I have some great Jillisms to share, some updates on fun books and a few good ole opinion pieces.
All I can say is I’ve been a busy bee these past 5 months and sleep won over blogging.
Stay tuned my gentle readers!
One could say I was channeling my insnare Frosty the Snow Man, or I could have made a quick save and wrote Happy Birthday Jesus… but instead while signing Holiday Cards I caught myself signing “Happy Birthday” instead of “Happy Holidays”… C’est La Vie.
I hope you all are having a very Merry Christmas. I want to leave you all with one of my favorite Christmas quotes from Charles Dickens – Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the travler back to his own fireside and quiet home!
I wanted to share our Holiday card with all the Jillisms readers and wish you all a Happy Holidays. You may be wondering what is with all the pictures? Well if you recall for 2012 I have participated in the “a picture a day project”. For the family holiday card I decided to share a sampling of 108 photos from said project. The more important events, and family oriented images are larger and on the front, while the back just has random thumbnail images of images from different days in no particular order. It has been a fun, but tiresome project. Remembering to take a picture everyday is not as easy as one would think, thankfully I have a reminder on my iPhone to remind me every night at 9pm. One of the joys I encountered while putting together the holiday card was I was able to reflect on the good and the bad that has been 2012 and hope 2013 will have just as much to offer in personal development, good times, and growth (or loss, specifically weight loss).
Enjoy your Christmas Eve tonight! I know I plan to, as Christmas Eve is one of my most (if not the favorite) nights of the year.
Back story: I am sometime referred to Ms. Hathaway at work, as I have a tendency to keep things organized and know when and where folks are in meetings.
Set up: CLL heard the voice of one of our co-workers, M.F., down the hall and CLL had been trying to track down M.F. for most of the afternoon. I sit closest to the door of our office which is next to the stairs that lead to the main floor. When the call to question and clarification of is that indeed M.F. down the hall came from CLL, I replied I believe so –“do you want me to grab him” for you before he goes downstairs. I meant it in the most respected way possible as getting M.F.’s attention and directing him to the desk of CLL. No, CLL envisioned me full out tackling M.F. to bring him to CLL’s desk…
Cheers! Jill, (the left tackle for the Pent House Suite…)
1. Nail Color “Marine Attraction” by Ulta: As you may or may not know I have been changing the way I live to lose weight and will continue to do so for 2013. For the Year I have lost 42 lbs so far! When I hit 30 lbs lost I decided I would think of little presents for each 10 lbs lost. So it took a little longer than I would like but 2.5 months later I have lost 12 more lbs and the reward was a Mint/Teal nail polish. For the next 10 I have asked for the O.P.I Rapid Dry Drops!
2. Strum, an app by Smule: Pattycakes introduced us this new app that can entertain you for hours. It is like Instagram but for video! You can check out our Jillism video below or click here to go to the Strum site. Myself, CLL and Pattycakes decided to use our favorite Jillisms for the basis of our Jillisms 101 video.
I can just imagine the fun I will have videoing my little cousins on Christmas.
3. The Crosstown Shootout UC vs. XU (oh erm, I guess they changed the name to The Crosstown Classic…): One of the biggest rivalry games in college basketball took place this week with my beloved Bearcats and the Xavier Musketeers. I can joyously say that the Bearcats were victorious! So I can offically have bragging rights for another year of who is the best in college basketball in the city of Cincinnati.
4. Cheers to Art: My new favorite activity is going to Cheers to Art with friends and loved ones. Essentially it is a super laid back painting class, that you can snack and drink cocktails while you paint a pretty picture. Since I am bit creative it is the perfect activity to keep the “creative juices flowing” as well as not be so formal as an academic class. Painting on canvas is the perfect medium to work with other than the computer every once in awhile. I’m going back in January for the special night of where if you bring a guy he paints for free!
5. Our Family Christmas Tree: After 4 weeks the Christmas Tree is up and all put together! I thought for sure we would be done sooner, as the day after Thanksgiving the tree was up and the lights were hung – but it took the next 3.5 weeks to put all of our ornaments on and garnish with garland. I will admit a majority of the ornaments were on the tree 3 weeks ago, just was hard to fit in the time for the last 2 boxes.
Back story: CLL and I were chatting about some common consumer products for the household, such as toilet tissue the other day.
The set up: While CLL and I were chatting about a common toilet tissue I remarked what was that old time slogan for Charmin? “Don’t Scrunch the Charmin?” or something to that effect… Well the actual slogan is “don’t squeeze the Charmin”
You would think being a designer I would be a little more attuned to brand slogans… oh well I was close. But being close only counts in “hand grenades” and “horse shoes”
Back Story: CLL and I were talking about health and health care one day…
The set up: While we were discussing health care I remarked about what I thought I said was blood pressure… but instead it came out Heart Pressure… So from this day forward when in the Land of Jillisms blood pressure will be referred to as “Heart Pressure”. If you think about it, it does make a little sense – your heart does pump your blood.
P.S.A ALERT – Have you had your Heart Pressure checked? If not your local fire-station will check it for you free of charge. With this being a high stress month I would not want anyone suffer a consequence of High Heart Pressure such as a heart attack.